Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 369, December 8, 2013

December Photo Challenge
"Routine"
I have many routines in my life.
Project 365 has been a part
of my life since 2009,
so I would say it is a routine!
 
Me, it is what it is...

Some time ago, my friend Jay Dirnberger
asked me if I would be interested in being a docent
for the Westport Historical Society
Holiday Home Tour.  I said yes.
I have been to many home tours over
the years, including this tour.  Always find
the tours fun and thought it would
be fun to be on the other side.
 
The home belongs to Mark and Angela Graham
of Fairfield, CT.  Located in the Greenfield
Hills area.  This "White Beauty" was built
in 1937 by renowned architect
Charles Cameron Clark (1887-1957).
He favored the Federal style and designed many civic
buildings and residences in NY, PA, NJ and CT.
Including the Fairfield Town Hall in 1939

I was assigned to the light and airy
White Room.  Featuring 4 white club
chairs by O'Henry, a pair of antique
Chinese vases, and a marble cartouche in the
center of the fireplace.  A large painting
of a Spanish Cardinal by John Martinez
del Mazo circa 1634, who studied under
famed painter Valesquez.  There is also
a Paul Manship sculpture bust hanging
between the French-doors and a bronze bust
on the side table.  Manship is a
world-renowned sculptor for his works,
including the highly recognized bronze
guilded statue of the Greek legend
Prometheus in Rockefeller Center
 

No comments:

Post a Comment